1. Sign in to PowerTeacher
2. SwiftReach SwiftK12
You can access SwiftReach K12 by clicking the link on the upper left hand navigation pane under Alerting.
3. Send an Alert
Click on 'Send an Alert' to create a new alert.
4. Create/Send Alert Wizard
1. Provide the name of the alert.
2. Add the optional alert description (General, Emergency, etc).
3. A single class or a combination of classes can be included in this alert. Select the Recipients for the Alert: All My Studets, Students by Courses, Students by Sections, or Individual Students.
4. Select 'Next'.
*Note: The alerts only send to the PARENTS of the students selected, not the students themselves.
5. Message Delivery Types
1. Select Phone calls by clicking the check box under which message types you like to send.
2. If the message is short, for example, "Cake Walk Tonight at 7PM. Please Join Us.", use the basic message content method. For longer messages (Over 140 characters), click Advanced to define content differently for each of the selected message types (Phone, SMS/Txt, Email).
3. Select 'Next'.
6. Message Content
1. Type the message content for your voice message.
2. To personally record your own voice message, uncheck 'Use Text-to-Speech'.
3. Select 'Next'.
To use text-to-speech see Step 6 of How Do I Send a Phone Call Alert (Text-to-Speech)?
8. Voice Record
1. Choose only Option 1 below: Use the telephone by calling the number indicated on the upper left side of the screen. Enter option 1 and then enter the Pin Number in Red followed by #. Record your message and follow the verbal instructions.
2. Select 'Next'.
*When done recording the message hang up and the recording is saved.
9. Launch Options
Click Launch Now to send the alert immediately.
Launch Later allows the user to select a later date and time for the alert to run. You can also schedule an alert to run once, weekly, or monthly.
*Note: It is recommended to review your message by clicking Test Alert. Enter your phone number and then click Launch Test.