1. Sign in to PowerTeacher
2. SwiftReach SwiftK12
You can access SwiftReach K12 by clicking the link on the upper left hand navigation pane under Alerting.
3. Send an Alert
Click on 'Send an Alert' to create a new alert.
4. Create/Send Alert Wizard
1. Provide the name of the alert.
2. Add the optional alert description (General, Emergency, etc).
3. A single class or a combination of classes can be included in this alert. Select the Recipients for the Alert: All My Studets, Students by Courses, Students by Sections, or Individual Students.
4. Select 'Next'.
*Note: The alerts only send to the PARENTS of the students selected, not the students themselves.
5. Message Delivery Types
1. Select SMS/TXT by clicking the check box under which message types you like to send.
2. Use the basic message content method. SMS/TXT is limited to 140 characters. The number of characters remaining is in green below the text entry box.
3. Select 'Next'.
6. Message Content
1. Type the message content for your SMS/TXT message. You can Insert Merge Fields such as: School Name, First Name, Last Name and others in your message by selecting the drop-down arrow.
2. Select 'Next'.
*Reminder: SMS/TXT is limited to 140 characters.
7. Message Options
The message options include the Alert Name, Category, school(s), and who the Group Being sent To. The message counts indicate the numbers of contacts included for phone, SMS, and Email. The yellow box is a warning indicating to review the information is correct.
Select 'Save & Continue'.
8. Launch Options
Click Launch Now to send the alert immediately.
Launch Later allows the user to select a later date and time for the alert to run. You can also schedule an alert to run once, weekly, or monthly.
*Note: It is recommended to review your message by clicking Test Alert. Enter your cell phone number and then click Launch Test.